The other day, we were driving south on 14th past Heritage Park and as we did so, we pointed out the trains for Little H.
“Look H – Trains!”
“I went there and I rode Thomas!” she said.
“Yes, that’s where we were when we saw Thomas. Do you remember going there?”
“You don’t want to go there again do you?”
“Yes, and I want to ride Thomas again!”
For a three year old, it was surprising how much she remembers from a year ago. A year is a long time when you’re a pre-schooler but she remembers Heritage Park and she sure remembers riding on Thomas the train. It must be because she had so much fun and because she’s such a fan of the show.
So this year we’re going back to Heritage Park for a second ride and the hubs and I are looking forward to it because this year, she’ll already know what it’s all about and will anticipate each activity.
Here are the details:
Day out With Thomas Calgary runs May 7,8,14 &15
Tickets are $20 ea and are on sale now by calling toll-free 1-888-222-6608 or logging onto www.ticketweb.ca/dowt. I’m told that tickets sell out every year so you should buy them now if you want to go.
- A 20-minute (approximate) ride with Thomas the Tank Engine
- The opportunity to meet Sir Topham Hatt™, Controller of the Railway
- A Thomas & Friends Imagination Station; featuring stamps, temporary tattoos, hands-on arts & crafts activities and coloring sheets.
- Commemorative activities, merchandise and giveaways to celebrate the 2011 Thomas & Friends DVD movie “Day of the Diesels” (Sept. 2011, Lionsgate), including: A video viewing area that shows how steam engines work differently from diesel engines
- Diesel engine tattoos
- A special giveaway character wheel showcasing Steamie and Diesel engines from the world of Thomas & Friends
- Storytelling, video viewing and live music.
Not sure about it yet? Go read my post from last year and watch the videos of our little H.