We’re still waiting on sunshine over here and ever since I made Lemon Curd I’ve been on a bit of a lemon kick. I’ve been noshing on sunshine for days now and it’s still not appearing in the sky. *sigh* Oh well, at least these overcast days are delicious! If you’ve made up a batch of lemon curd and are not sure what to do with it – here is the answer.
These Raspberry Lemon Mousse Parfaits are perfect to make ahead and easy to assemble. I’ve made them twice now and I still can’t get them out of my mind. They’re bright, light in texture and flavor and are a lovely dessert for after a heavy meal.
- 1.5 cups lemon curd
- 1.5 cups whipped cream (stiffly whipped)
- raspberry jam
- fresh raspberries
- 1 cup additional whipped cream for topping
- Fold the lemon curd and first portion of whipped cream together until well mixed but be gentle - you don't want to deflate your whipped cream.
- Place a small layer of raspberry jam in the bottom of your parfait cup.
- Fill the cup with the lemon mousse until nearly full but leave room for a bit of jam and whip on top
- Add another small layer of jam.
- Top with plain whipped cream and a few fresh berries
- That's it! Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.