Did you pick a word? Back in January, resolution time, I picked a word that I wanted to define 2015. My word was “Enrich.” I wanted to focus time on energy enriching my life, my kids’ lives and my community too. And I wasn’t talking about money, although money helps. No, what I was thinking of was more like this:
15 Ways to Enrich
- If you see a BOGO (buy one get one) sale on something you need, consider donating the second item.
- Turn to your community first before purchasing new. Often, somebody will have what you need and you can work out a deal.
- Donate used items
- Read to your kids and support children’s literacy
- Volunteer / Random Acts of Kindness
- Help someone fundraise
- Plant a tree
- Make some art
- Visit a museum
- Champion a cause and build awareness
- Build a free library in your community
- Pick up some litter
- Smile at a stranger
Did you pick a word this year? Are you still focused on it? Whatever it is, I hope you find your experience to be enriching!