These bars are super quick to make and require no baking. They zip together in the food processor, taste amazing and did I mention that they taste amazing? My whole family loves them.
- ½ cup melted coconut oil or butter
- 1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ cup quick oats
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 bag dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- Prepare your 8x8 pan by lining it with wax or parchment paper.
- Mix the graham crumbs and melted butter together and press into the bottom of the pan to form a crust. Set aside in the fridge.
- Add peanuts, cashews, and salt into your food processor and blend until the oils begin to release and it turns into the consistency of peanut butter. It takes a while, be patient. First it will be dough like and then it will turn to nut butter. Add honey, oats and coconut oil and blend until incorporated.
- Press the nut mixture on top of the crust with the back of a spoon. Set aside in the fridge.
- In a microwave safe bowl heat chocolate chips and coconut oil for 30 second increments, stirring and heating until melted. Pour chocolate over the top of the nut butter and spread evenly. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before slicing into squares.
I used the Breville Sous Chef for these bars and we now make our own peanut butter with it too because it’s just SO easy. To make home made peanut butter with your food processor just omit the oats from the center layer of the bar recipe above and Bob’s your uncle. I love adding coconut oil to our nut butter because it keeps it nice and easy to spread and stabilizes it so you can keep it on the shelf without the oil separating like other natural nut butters you might have tried. We haven’t had to refrigerate it because we go through it pretty fast but if you wanted it to last a long time you might wish to pop it into the fridge.
These bars hit all the YUM notes. They are perfect to make when you’re short on time but want something to stash in the fridge for a nibble. A person just can’t go wrong with chocolate and peanuts and cashews! If you don’t have graham cracker crumbs on hand you could also blitz those up in the food processor too.
Seriously. Look at that. Hey, did you know that I’m giving away a Breville Sous Chef for Honey Month? It’s true! If you want to put some serious power in your kitchen you’ll want to enter to win this beautiful machine. Find this and all the other Honey Month giveaways HERE.