I’ve been meaning to share this Pulled Pork Recipe again in the new format to make it easier for printing it out and all that jazz. And I’ve also adjusted it to remove the brown sugar. I’ve been working really hard to cut back on sugar intake but who wants to cut back on pulled pork intake? NOT ME! Especially when it’s such a massive time saver. I make it on the weekend and then eat it all week long. It really does go far. If you need some ideas on what to do with it, you can look here.
Ok, here goes, my most favorite recipe of all time
- Frozen Pork Loin (I usually use two)
- 1 Onion – sliced
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp – 2 tbsp Louisiana Hot Sauce (to your preference)
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 2 tsp mustard powder (you could squirt in some dijon or even yellow if you don’t have powder on hand)
- 1 tbsp molasses
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Place sliced onion in bottom of slow cooker. Add your pork loin on top. It should be thawed enough that you can fit it easily into your crock pot but it is ok if it's still a little frozen.
- Mix all other ingredients and pour over the top.
- Cook on low for 8 hours (at the ½ way point I turn the meat in the juices) At the 7.5 hour point I pull out the meat and shred it. Put it back in your slow cooker to mingle with the sauce while you get the rest of your dinner ready. Enjoy
This recipe can easily be adapted to make a big batch. If you have a large slow cooker you can fit 4 pork loin in there and we often do. Pulled pork freezes really well and having it on hand means we can whip up a simple gluten free dinner in no time!
Add this over salad, make sliders, top pizza. The possibilities just keep on going. Enjoy!