You know those fun get togethers with the girls where everyone brings a bit to eat and a bit to drink and you all sit around laughing and nibbling and chatting? Those are the best times. But if you’re getting a little bored of your standard pot luck faire you might find yourself looking for something new that’s simple and quick to put together. There’s no minute like the last minute if you ask me. Maybe you’re even going to one tonight! You can do this. I promise.
- 1 package Herb and Garlic Boursin cheese
- Milk (1-2 tbsp)
- 2 Cucumbers
- Prosciutto Ham (a few slices)
- Slice your cucumbers fairly thick (1/2" or so) you want them to be sturdy vessels for your cheese but you don't want them to be too big of a mouthful.
- Take a teaspoon and gently carve out a dimple in the center of the cucumber. You want to remove say, half the seeds - take care not to go all the way through the cucumber slice. You're just looking to make a spot to nest the cheese.
- Put the Boursin in a large bowl and whip the cheese with a hand mixer adding in a tiny amount of milk to thin it out slightly. You want a nice creamy consistency that you can pipe like cupcake icing.
- Fill a piping bag fitted with a large decorative tip (I used a star tip) and pipe your cheese into the cucumber slices.
- Top each slice with a small slice of prosciutto ham rolled into a decorative 'flower.'
You can grab these ingredients on the way home from work and be walking out the door again quickly as there’s no baking or cooking required. It’s all about assembly and you could even save time in garnishing with something other than prosciutto. You could plop any variation of things on top – sprigs of herbs, a slice of olive, you name it.
These light refreshing bites are savory and decadent without being heavy. And they go great with a glass of wine! Happy Friday!