If you have a big crowd coming for the holidays you will love this recipe for a baked cheese and bean dip that is SO easy to make you won’t believe it. And this isn’t one of those recipes you find that says it’s easy but then it is not easy. This one really is, trust me. It’s just layering things and then throwing it in the oven. You can even drink wine while you make this – it’s encouraged.
The first layer is cream cheese. Just a standard block of cream cheese, softened to room temp and then spread over the bottom of a pie pan with a spoon or spatula. Then you layer in your other ingredients on top. Chilies, beans, mozzarella, salsa and more mozzarella.
Bake it all until it’s bubbly around the edges and browned on top. I had some fresh jalapenos that I was going to slice and garnish the top with but I was SO excited to dig into this thing that I forgot all about them. You could garnish it if you wanted to be fancy, but really after the first chip goes in, all the beautiful colours of the salsa come through and it’s really very pretty to eat.
This makes enough for about 6-8 people and if it cools before it’s gone, just toss it back in the oven again to re-heat. You can make this ahead of time if you wanted and just bake it right before serving. It’s perfect for a New Years Eve bash! I use Sabra’s chunky pico de gallo because I love all the onion flavour it has.
- 1 block cream cheese, softened
- 1 sm can green chilies
- 1 can plain brown beans, rinsed of any sauce
- 1 cup Sabra chunky Pico de Gallo salsa
- 1 bag shredded mozzarella cheese
- Layer ingredients in a ceramic pie plate as follows:
- cream cheese, chilies, beans, ½ mozzarella, salsa, rest of mozzarella.
- Garnish with extra chilies or green onion if you wish (optional)
- Bake at 350 until bubbling and browned on top (about 30- 45 min)
** this post was generously sponsored by Sabra Canada. As always, opinions remain my own.