The biggest challenge I’ve encountered when changing my eating and adapting a primarily paleo / grain free diet is finding ways to stay interested in my food and not get bored. I don’t miss the grains or bread really…but sometimes they are the vehicle to bringing everything together. A wrap isn’t the same with the ingredients just piled on a plate you know? It’s missing the ‘wrap’ component and that also makes it easier to eat. So from time to time I give myself a little leeway – especially when it allows me to eat something I love and not be bored at lunchtime.
These Cashew Chicken Salad Rolls, while not grain free, are mostly chicken and veggies and I just LOVE how they taste. I try to make these once a week with leftover chicken breast and my husband begs me to make extra so he can have them in his lunch too. Sometimes I accommodate his request 😉
If you already have diced chicken in your fridge then these are pretty quick to put together – it’s less like cooking and more like assembling. This recipe makes three rolls which is enough for one person to have for lunch. Double this if you decide to be nice and make enough for your spouse.
- 3 rice paper wrappers
- ½ cup cooked, cooled and diced chicken breast
- cucumber, sliced
- carrots, grated
- ¼ cup cashews, chopped
- 3 tbsp Blue Dragon General Tao stir fry sauce
- 3 tbsp Blue Dragon Sweet Chili sauce (to dip)
- Add 2 inches of hot water to the bottom of a large pot - you won't need to put it on the stove....the hot water alone will soften the wrappers.
- Chop and prepare your filling ingredients adding about 3 tbsp of Blue Dragon General Tao stir fry sauce to the chopped chicken.
- Soak a rice paper wrap in the warm water until it softens (about 30 seconds) Remove to a plate and begin layering in your filling. Wrap as you would a burrito folding the top down, then the sides in and then rolling until complete.
- Dip your finished rolls into some Blue Dragon Sweet Chili sauce and enjoy!