Heading into the holiday season leaves me looking for easy entertaining recipes. I love things that I can prepare partially ahead of time and then just pop into the oven when guests arrive. This bacon and leek flat bread featuring Sabra’s roasted pepper hummus absolutely fits the bill.
I love this recipe because you can prep your dough, cook up your bacon and saute your leeks ahead of time. Then when guests start arriving it’s simple assembly and before you know it, your home is heating up with the delicious scent of savory flat bread. This makes for an amazing appetizer or it can be the main if you’re having a light dinner with salad and drinks.
This is a beautiful dish to set out and let guests help themselves. I put the extra hummus on the side for dipping to allow people to add as much or as little as they liked. Personally, I load my pieces up! You’ll need my go-to pizza dough recipe for this and it only needs 1 rise.
Assembly is simple, just spread the uncooked dough with Sabra roasted red pepper hummus and then top with pre-cooked leeks, bacon, and then a bit of freshly grated cheese before baking. I like to go light on the cheese for this one – it’s not a pizza. But I do feel like a small amount of melted cheese helps to keep those toppings from falling off. And really, do we need a reason for cheese? No. No we don’t.
- Go-To Pizza Dough plus
- 8 pieces bacon
- 4 large leeks
- ½ cup Sabra roasted red pepper hummus
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prepare your dough and allow to rise per the instructions in theGo-To pizza dough recipe
- Cook your bacon and set aside reserving 1- 2 tbsp bacon fat.
- Clean and chop the leeks then sautee at a low temperature in reserved bacon drippings. Cook until soft and slightly caramelized.
- When your dough has risen, shape it into two oblong shapes on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Spread each dough with ¼ cup Sabra hummus
- Top with leeks, bacon and cheese
- Bake at 425 for 15 min or until slightly browned at the edges.
Sometimes the best things are simple things. Hummus brings another layer of flavour to this dish which is already loaded with tasty bacon and leeks. It doesn’t take much else to make me happy. Hand your guests a glass of wine and let them loose with this. Flatbread is also a pretty economical way to feed a crowd. Nobody needs to know that though. We’ll keep that between us. So much yum. Very little pomp. Make it, you’ll be glad to have this recipe in your holiday entertaining bag of tricks.
*this post was sponsored by Sabra Dips. As always opinions remain my own.
That looks awesome!
This looks yummy, but I also have to ask. Where is the wood and marble cutting board from? Its stunning.
I love it so much. It’s from Indigo! I bought it in the fall so if they still have them, they’re likely on sale 🙂
This looks really good. Perfect for an appetizer.
Thanks for your comments today!